[gpga-news] PrsRls: SOAW Vigil Available live Streaming from GaGP site

Hugh Esco hesco at greens.org
Sat Nov 17 13:04:47 PST 2012

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Saturday, November 17th, 2012

        presssecretary at georgiagreenparty.org

SOAW Vigil Available live Streaming from GaGP site

Again in 2012, as folks have for over twenty years now, thousands of
human rights activists, torture survivors, anti-war veterans, students,
families, union workers, nuns, artists, and others have again converged
at the gates of Fort Benning, Georgia, to call on the Obama
administration to end the U.S. militarization of the Americas, and to
close the School of the Americas (SOA/ WHINSEC).

This year the pagentry of the puppatistas, the solemnity of the
'Presente Procession', the diverse music and educational speakers are
available to those who were unable to join the activities today in
Columbus Georgia.

Courtesy of SOA Watch and Bambuser, the the event is being streamed
live and is embedded on the website of the Georgia Green Party, where
it can be found at:

	http://www.georgiagreenparty.org/USImperialism/SOA/SOAW_2012_Vigil_Live_Streaming_Now

For fourteen years now, since its 1998 Wrightsville convention, the
Platform of the Georgia Green Party has called for: "The immediate
closure of the School of the Americas," stating that "The U.S.
Congress and the Executive Branch should, without delay, eliminate
funding for and close the School of the Americas at Ft. Benning,
Georgia."

"This terrorist training camp makes a lie of our nation's leaders who
regularly tell the world that the United States upholds the rule of law
and honors human rights," said Bruce Dixon, cochair of the Georgia
Green Party and Managing Editor of BlackAgendaReport.com.  "Please help
us spread the word and use the video webstream of this weekend's events
to educate your neighbors and fellow workers about the crimes
perpetuated in our names and with our tax dollars."

-- 30 --

For further information, please visit:
http://soaw.org/